Evac is an international company that designs, manufactures and markets environmentally friendly waste and wastewater collection and treatment systems for the building and the shipbuilding industry. Skilled personnel, professional design and high-quality technical solutions have facilitated continuous growth, both in market share and turnover.
Evac companies and representatives in more than 40 countries are responsible for the building and marine business worldwide. Evac companies have Lloyd’s ISO 9001:2000 quality assurance and ISO 14001:2004 environmental standards certificates.
Our premises are located in Espoo/Finland, Rockford/USA, Paris/France, Shanghai/China and Notodden/Norway. Additionally we have a branch office in Pusan, Korea.
The Evac wastewater handling solution is a closed and integrated system which consists of vacuum toilets, vacuum interface units, vacuum piping, vacuum collection tanks and wastewater treatment plants. The solution is based on vacuum, not gravity, which makes it possible to flush the waste horizontally or even vertically into overhead piping and, if needed, also around obstacles.
The Evac solution is environmentally friendly. With low water use – up to 80 % less than used in traditional toilets - it reduces sewage volumes and thus meets the requirement of small environmental footprint. The water coming from the Evac advanced wastewater treatment plant is pure enough to be used for irrigation or toilet flushing.
- Railway stations, airports, prisons, schools and universities, medical care buildings etc., where the use of toilet and sanitary facilities is very heavy (heavy duty applications)
- Other public buildings, such as historic buildings, high-rise buildings, shopping malls, exhibition centers, prisons etc. Read more from special building references
Benefits for building owners
- Toilets only require 1/2 gallons per flush = 80% LESS water consumption
- Less need for fresh water production, treatment and storage
- Increased planning options
- Increased hygiene and better air movement in sanitary facilities
- No need for piping ventilation, as vacuum drainage is self venting
Benefits for building designers
- Increased design flexability
- No requirement for soil stacks or venting (VTR), as vacuum drainage is self venting
- Piping can be routed over and around obstacles
- Enables designers to earn LEED points for new building
Benefits for supermarkets
- Flexible design
- Easy adjustment of future store plans
- Short construction schedules with minimum customer disruption
- No concrete and tile work when relocating or adding display cases and fixtures
- Lower piping costs, and space requirements, compared to gravity waste piping, as riser diameter is only 1".
- No blocked/ clogged drains, nor odors from under slab waste piping
- Last minute floor plan adjustments are quick and easy = Reduced change orders
- Safe, reliable and easily maintained waste collection system
During each flush the Evac solution takes out up to 100 liters of air. This removes viruses, bacteria and odors from the bowl and simultaneously enhances hygiene and personal comfort in the sanitary facilities. Each Evac solution forms a closed loop. This is particularly important in certain organizations, e.g. hospitals, research facilities and prisons, where the waste must be contained or is considered high-risk.